Tuesday 20 January 2009

Suffering produces perseverance

Romans 5:3-4Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.


Dutch version / Nederlands > Ellende leidt tot volharding



Thoughts
Phil Ware    What are you living to produce in your life? Wealth? Fame? Status? Significance? Legacy? How about character! Isn't having the character of God our real goal in life? So even in our worst of times, if we can be people of character, then nothing can steal from us our most desired goal, the character of God, given us in Jesus Christ. 



Prayer
    Dear Father, please bless me so that I can be strong in difficult times and consistent in holy character. Please give me a heart of courage and compassion so that in some small way I can more nearly remind others what you are like and what you can do in their lives. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment