Saturday 7 February 2009

Faithful to the listening ear

“And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldst bless me indeed, and enlarge my border, and that thy hand might be with me, and that thou wouldst keep [me] from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.” (1Ch 4:10 Webster)

 “And said to them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.” (Lu 22:46 Webster)

 “Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed [is] willing, but the flesh [is] weak.” (Mt 26:41 Webster)

 “Two [things] have I required of thee; deny [them] not to me before I die: Remove far from me vanity and lies; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny [thee], and say, Who [is] the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God [in vain].” (Pr 30:7-9 Webster)

 “The LORD will preserve thee from all evil: he will preserve thy soul.” (Ps 121:7 Webster)

 “And I will deliver thee from the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem thee from the hand of the terrible.” (Jer 15:21 Webster)

 “And if we know that he heareth us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired from him.” (1Jo 5:15 Webster)

 “Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.” (Re 3:10 Webster)

 “The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust to the day of judgment to be punished:” (2Pe 2:9 Webster)

Dutch version / Nederlands > Wees trouw aan het luisterende oor
+++
2013 update:
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment