Monday 16 February 2009

God is the strength of my heart

“And the LORD said unto Aaron: ‘Thou shalt have no inheritance in their land, neither shalt thou have any portion among them; I am thy portion and thine inheritance among the children of Israel.” (Nu 18:20 JPS)

 “Whom have I in heaven but Thee? And beside Thee I desire none upon earth. My flesh and my heart faileth; but God is the rock of my heart and my portion for ever.” (Ps 73:25-26 JPS)

 “O LORD, the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup, Thou maintainest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.” (Ps 16:5-6 JPS)

 “’The LORD is my portion’, saith my soul; ‘Therefore will I hope in Him.’” (La 3:24 JPS)

 “Thy testimonies have I taken as a heritage for ever; for they are the rejoicing of my heart.” (Ps 119:111 JPS)

 “(63-1) A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. (63-2) O God, Thou art my God, earnestly will I seek Thee; my soul thirsteth for Thee, my flesh longeth for Thee, in a dry and weary land, where no water is.” (Ps 63:1 JPS)

 “(63-8) For Thou hast been my help, and in the shadow of Thy wings do I rejoice.” (Ps 63:7 JPS)

 “My beloved is mine, and I am his, that feedeth among the lilies.” (So 2:16 JPS)

Dutch version / Nederlands > God is de sterkte van mijn hart
+++
2013 update:

The Promulgation of the Law at Mount Sinai, by...
The Promulgation of the Law at Mount Sinai, by the illustrators of the Figures de la Bible, 1728 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment