Wednesday 25 February 2009

God won't ask

God won’t ask what kind of car you drove, but he’ll ask how many people you drove who didn’t have transportation.

God won’t ask the square footage of your house, but he’ll ask how many people you welcomed into your home.

God won’t ask how many times you read the Bible to yourself, but he’ll ask how many people you read the Bible with.

God won’t ask what your highest salary was, but he’ll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.

God won’t ask how many friends you had, but he’ll ask how many people to whom you were a friend.

God won’t ask how much you got out of your church meetings, but he’ll ask how much you gave to others at your church meetings.

God won’t ask about the clothes you had in your closet, but he’ll ask how many you helped to clothe.

God won’t ask in what neighborhood you lived, but he’ll ask how you treated your neighbors.

Matt.5:28 - “Then the king will say to those on his right, “Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.”

Whatever you do for the least of these…

Dutch version / Nederlands > God zal niet vragen ...

No comments:

Post a Comment