Saturday 21 March 2009

Faith is knowing there is an ocean because you have seen a brook.



"Faith is knowing there is an ocean
because you have seen a brook."
- William Arthur Ward (1921-1994)

"Faith is the hostess that will not entertain doubt."
- Jenna Wright

"Faith is to believe what you do not see;
the reward of this faith is to see what you believe."
- Peter Julian Eymard

"Though now you do not see Him, yet believing,
you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
receiving the end of your faith - the salvation of your souls."
1 Peter 1:8-9

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God,
who gives to all liberally and without reproach,
and it will be given to him.
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting,
for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind."
James 1:5-6

"These all died in faith, not having received the promises,
but having seen them afar off were assured of them,
embraced them, and confessed that
they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith,
did not receive the promise,
God having provided something better for us,
that they should not be made perfect apart from us."
Hebrews 11:13-14, 39-40


Hear, O Jehovah, my prayer, hear how I beg for your assistance;
o remain for my weep not deaf,
 I am only a stranger to you, a lodger - as all my fathers.
In You I want to make sure that you are the creator of heaven and earth
who has foreseen for me the promise of paradise,
where I no longer have to stay as a foreigner.
Give me the right and strong faith.
May You the God of hope carry me with all joy and peace in believing, so that I abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Spirit.


+++
 2013 update:
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment