Friday 20 March 2009

Remind yourself that difficulties and delays quite impossible to foresee are ahead


"Before you begin a thing remind yourself that difficulties
and delays quite impossible to foresee are ahead ...
You can only see one thing clearly, and that is your goal.
Form a mental vision of that and cling to it through thick and thin."
- Kathleen Norris

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run,
but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training.
They do it to get a crown that will not last;
but we do it to get a crown that will last forever."
1 Corinthians 9:24-25

God give me strength and perseverance to participate to the right game.
Let me press onto the goal at the right target, the price of God's divine calling.
Let me go through the race, I am determined to register, and let me keep the faith.
Give that I will receive the victory wreath of life.
That I ask you in Christ name, amen.
+++
2015 adding:

No comments:

Post a Comment