Saturday 4 April 2009

He has given us the Pneuma, the force, from Him


  We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.
Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > Hij heeft de Pneuma, de Kracht van Hem gegeven


Thoughts
Phil Ware    Our sign of authenticity showing we are truly God's children is the Holy Spirit who lives in us. The Spirit helps bring forth the character of God in our lives (Gal. 5:22). The Spirit helps us when we pray (Rom. 8:26-27). The Spirit empowers us to overcome sin (Rom. 8:13) and gives us strength to do things we would never imagine were possible (Eph. 3:14-21). The Spirit comforts us in our brokenness and makes God's presence real in our lives (John 14:15-26). The Spirit is the truest sign that we are God's children (Rom. 8:9, 14-16). Thank God for the blessed Holy Spirit!

Prayer
    Father, I praise you for your holiness, majesty, and power. I thank you for your loving grace. I am humbled by your sacrificial love that has saved me. But today, dear Father, I thank you most of all for your Holy Spirit, who lives in me, who empowers me, who cleanses me, who comforts me, and who makes your fatherhood accessible and real to me. Thank you, in the name of Jesus, from the bottom of my heart! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment