Friday 13 November 2009

Words must be weighed, not counted


"Words must be weighed, not counted."
- Polish Proverb

Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
the saddest are these: "It might have been!"
- John Greenleaf Whittier

”Wisdom is, and starts with, the humility to accept the fact
that you don't have all the right answers,
and the courage to learn to ask the right questions.”
- Author Unknown

”Preach the gospel everyday; if necessary, use words.”
- Francis of Assisi


"A wise man's heart guides his mouth, and his lips promote instruction.
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."
Proverbs 16:23-24

"A man of knowledge uses words with restraint,
and a man of understanding is even-tempered.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue."
Proverbs 17:27-28

That I always shall think good what I shall say
and my tongue shall turn around a few times before I speak.
That I always listen to wise counsel and take it into me.
Let wisdom heard from my mouth
and let my tongue speak righteousness.
I ask You Lord that good things will emerge,
and that the words of Christ in me may live full richness.

Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > Woorden moeten worden afgewogen, niet meegerekend

No comments:

Post a Comment