Saturday 19 December 2009

Life's challenges may not paralyse you


"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you,
they're supposed to help you discover who you are."
- Bernice Johnson Reagon

Today's challenges and pressures can make a fulfilling marriage
seem like an impossible dream. But God is there to guide you.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rely implicitly upon the old, old gospel.
You need no other nets when you fish for men;
those your Master has given you are strong enough to hold the little ones.
Spread these nets and no others,
and you need not fear the fulfilment of His word, ‘I will’
- Charles H. Spurgeon


"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete,
not lacking anything."

James 1:2-4

My God and my Father,
let me grow daily
not looking up reluctantly to new challenges,
but full of courage and disposition to persevere.
Give me success in my life,
in Christ Jesus' name.
Amen

Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > De uitdagingen van het leven mogen u niet verlammen

No comments:

Post a Comment