Saturday 9 January 2010

If you think you're too small to be effective


"If you think you're too small to be effective,
you've never been to bed with a mosquito."
- Anita Roddick

The repetition of small efforts
will accomplish more than the occasional use of great talents.
- Charles H. Spurgeon


"The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much."
James 5:16

"Now Jesus was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart, saying, 'In a certain city there was a judge who did not fear God and did not respect man. There was a widow in that city, and she kept coming to him, saying, 'Give me legal protection from my opponent.' For a while he was unwilling; but afterward he said to himself, 'Even though I do not fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow bothers me, I will give her legal protection, otherwise by continually coming she will wear me out.' And the Lord said, 'Hear what the unrighteous judge said; now, will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them? I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly.'"
Luke 18:1-8

I ask you God that I shall be able to use all my small talents to the good.

Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > Als je denkt dat je te klein bent om effectief te zijn
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment