Thursday 25 December 2008

With the gift of Jesus comes an awesome responsibility


Hebrews 12:25 See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven?





Thoughts
    With the gift of Jesus comes an awesome responsibility: we must listen, follow, and honor him! If God demanded that his people obey his lesser messengers who were prophets or kings, what do you think the responsibility is for us to listen when he has given his Son's glory so that it might shine on us?

Prayer
    Thank you, dear Father, for sending your Son and my Savior, Jesus. Please, dear LORD, I do not want to ever take that gift for granted. Please empower me and give me wisdom so that I can faithfully listen and serve Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Heart of Jesus
Heart of Jesus (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
+++





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment