Wednesday 6 May 2009

Truth never plays false roles of any kind, which is why people are so surprised when meeting it


"Truth never plays false roles of any kind, which is why people are so surprised when meeting it.
Everyone must decide whether he wants the uncompromising truth or a counterfeit version of truth.
Real wisdom consists of recommending the truth to yourself at every opportunity."
- Vernon Howard

“Let not kindness and truth forsake thee: Bind them about thy neck; Write them upon the tablet of thy heart:” (Pr 3:3)

“The lip of truth shall be established for ever; But a lying tongue is but for a moment.” (Pr 12:19)

“Buy the truth, and sell [it] not; [also] wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.” (Pr 23:23)

“These are the things that ye shall do: speak ye every man the truth with his neighbor; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates;” (Zec 8:16)

“Send one of you, and let him bring your brother, and ye shall be kept in prison, that your words may be proved, whether [there is any] truth in you: or else by the life of Pharaoh surely ye [are] spies.” (Ge 42:16)

“Now therefore fear Jehovah, and serve him in sincerity and in truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River, and in Egypt; and serve ye Jehovah.” (Jos 24:14)

“Only fear Jehovah, and serve him in truth with all your heart; for consider how great things he hath done for you.” (1Sa 12:24)

“Mercy and truth are met together; Righteousness and peace have kissed each other. Truth springeth out of the earth; And righteousness hath looked down from heaven.” (Ps 85:10-11)

“But he that does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be made manifest, that they have been wrought in God.” (Joh 3:21)

“and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (Joh 8:32)

Jehovah I have chosen the way of truth and faithfulness:
Your ordinances have I set before me. I go for the truth.

Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts; And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.
Remember now, O Jehovah, I beseech thee, how I have walked before You in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in Your sight.
Guide me in Your truth, and teach me; For You are the God of my salvation; For You do I wait all the day.
Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.
Into Your hand I commend my spirit: You have redeemed me, O Jehovah, You God of truth.


Dutch version / Nederlands > Waarheid speelt nooit valse rollen van welke aard dan ook
+++
2013 update:

truth
truth (Photo credit: Erick-Pardus)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment