Tuesday 29 September 2009

By the beginning of a new day


"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it - or use it for good, but what I do today is important, because I am exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes this day will be gone forever leaving in its place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain and not loss, good and not evil, success and not failure, in order that I shall not regret the price that I have paid for it."
- Dr. Heartsill Wilson

"And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents saying, Lord thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold I have gained beside them five talents more. His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
Matthew 25:20-21

God, let me enjoy of every new day
and let me to recognize your greatness in it.
Give that I always use my talents to the best of my powers,
and use every day for the good.

Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > Bij de aanvang van een nieuwe dag

No comments:

Post a Comment