Tuesday 27 October 2009

No person has greater love than this one who surrendered his soul in behalf of his friends


John 15:13 (33 kb)
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.



Thoughts
    Words communicate and explain. We can tell people that we love them. We can explain how precious they are to us. Actions validate and confirm. When we sacrifice our preferences for another, we show our respect and affection. When we sacrifice ourselves, our wishes, and our preferences for a friend, we give the greatest of all gifts and prove our love beyond any doubt.
Prayer
    Father, thank you for loving me enough to send Jesus as a ransom for my sins. I am
thankful that Jesus gave himself as a loving sacrifice that not only saves me, but shows me the full extent of your love. In Jesus' name I thank you. Amen.
Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > Niemand heeft zulk een grote liefde als hij die zij leven gaf voor zijn vrienden
+++
2013 update:
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment