Tuesday 24 November 2009

Obstacles to your goal


"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
- Hannah More

"Faith is not a guarantee against trouble, but to defeat."
- Corrie ten Boom

Faith is the highest passion in a human being.
Many in every generation may not come that far, but none comes further.
- Søren Kierkegaard


"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
1 Corinthians 9:24-27

My God, I ask You that I always can keep my eyes focused on the right target.
Let me run the correct path with the least amount of obstacles possible,
and see to it that I will be allowed to enter Your Kingdom.

Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > Belemmeringen voor uw doel

No comments:

Post a Comment