Tuesday 17 November 2009

We love because he first loved us

We love because he first loved us.




Thoughts
Phil Ware    As human beings, we like to think of ourselves as the center of our universe. We determine the greatness or validity of most deeds based on their impact upon us. We consider ourselves great adventurers, inventors, and investigators. However, in the most important quest of all, we did not act first; God did. He loved us. He loved us personally. He loved us first. Our love is a response to his grace. Our love is simply sharing with others what has been lavished upon us. We love because he loved us first.
Prayer
    Almighty God and Abba Father, over these last several days I have tried to understand your love for me and my fellow humans. I don't profess to understand your love, but I do know that you have blessed me with it in ways I could not have imagined. So please, dear Father, help me remember your great love for me when I am faced with temptation, led to doubt your love, wonder about my worthiness, or tempted to be unloving toward anyone. I want your love to be reflected in my daily life. Thanks for loving mightily. Most of all, thanks for loving first!
In Jesus' name I thank you. Amen.

Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > Liefhebben omdat God ons eerst lief had
+++
2013 update:
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment